This building sits on the site of the former Second Empire style Haxall House, which was demolished in the 1920s during the movement create the "Fifth Avenue of Richmond." Though a single building, it consists of four evenly sized storefronts, which is reiterated in the second story with arched windows supported by columns—a very Roman touch typical of the Italian Renaissance, and demonstrated in this 1925 commercial design. The architect is unknown, but the design resembles a typical Carl Lindner or Henry Barnham.
There/Here toured the building with Susan Jones, Vice President of Grubb Ellis | Harrison & Bates, who was incredibly generous with her time. All of the buildings on this block are for lease, not for sale. The rental rate depends on the lessee's credit and the length of the term.