11.30.2011 416 E Grace sat dormant for 25 years, but today, a restaurant called Pasture opens. This is the first property that There/Here has documented which is no longer listed in the inventory.
Designed by Carl Lindner—an architect responsible for many buildings downtown—the former Montaldo's building was completed in 1923 and would soon accommodate the growing franchise. Originally, Montaldo's had been exclusively next door at 418 E Grace, which sits dormant now after a stint as Shields Shoes. In 1984, this location closed claiming that decreased customer traffic was due to a lack of parking. Montaldo's moved to the west end, and closed within the next ten years.
Pasture joins us from a family of established restaurants, including Comfort and Six Burner. It's the first to venture into the thick of the dormant neighborhood, so they probably know that if anything can revive City Center, it's food.